Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review: Luna of Mine by Quinn Loftis

Luna of Mine by Quinn 


Publication Date: July 2, 2014
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Series: The Grey Wolves, #8
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add To Goodreads

Every life leaves behind a legacy. Every story has a beginning and an end. The Alpha of the Romania Grey Wolves knows this better than most. He also knows it’s the things that transpire to create that legacy and the experiences, triumphs and failures that happen in the middle of the story that matter. His story began a century ago and now a tragedy has led him to his rightful place as Alpha of the Eastern Romania pack. Before he led hundreds, he had to learn to lead a few. Before he sacrificed for all, he had to be willing to sacrifice for any. Before he could be the man destined to save his race he had to be willing to serve them. In order to be raised up he had to first be torn down. There was only one who could do this and live, only one who could light his way when the darkness closed in; his mate, his Luna. This is the building of their legacy, the middle of their story. Their triumphs, their failures, and their tragedy’s that would one day make them strong enough to restore a race torn apart by greed, envy, and fear.


   Words cannot describe how utterly fantastic this book is!! It's just THAT good! It's very contagious because the moment you start it, you never want to put it down. And you want to spread this goodness around.

   Luna of Mine is kind of like prequel. It follows the life of Alina when she meets her mate and alpha to the Eastern Romanian pack, Vasile Lupei. It starts off when Alina is just barely turning 16 years old and she grows to become a young women. And Vasile, oh dear, he is such an alpha male. That's funny because he IS an alpha. He is such a bossy butt but he's really sexy.

   We come to learn that Vasile's journey as an alpha was extremely dangerous at one point because of what his parents weren't. You have to read to find out. But he became untrusted to lead his pack and he was banished.

   It was a really dark time because the one who stepped up to take over as alpha was not dominant enough. Vasile was a wanted man and when it became suspicious that Alina was his mate, they wanted to use her as bait to kill him.

   It was full of action and battles at the end. And the romance was so sweet and steamy. I couldn't even contain myself during some scenes between Vasile and Alina. He's so brazen with her and bold. But he resists because she was really young when he met her. His age was not made clear.

   It was everything I hoped it would be and completely off the charts. I could read it over and over and it would never become tiring. Though I do admit, it does become a little slow towards the middle. But it does pick up again. And honestly, this may be one of my favorite books of The Grey Wolf series. I really hope that we are given more of Vasile and Aline because it's so addicting and I can't get enough of it!!


4 Stars: A Great Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...