Wednesday, January 21, 2015

{Waiting On Wednesday} Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire

   Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire

Release Date: January 27, 2015
Publisher: CreateSpace
Series: The Maddox Brothers, #2
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pre-order Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add To Goodreads

If A Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever. But what if he didn't love you, first?

No-nonsense Liis Lindy is an agent of the FBI. Deciding she is married only to her job, she breaks off her engagement and transfers from Chicago to the field office in San Diego. She loves her desk. She is committed to her laptop. She dreams of promotions and shaking hands with the director after cracking an impossible case.

Special Agent in Charge Thomas Maddox is arrogant, unforgiving, and ruthless. He is tasked with putting away some of the world’s toughest criminals, and he is one of the best the Bureau has to offer. Though, as many lives as he’s saved, there is one that is beyond his reach. Younger brother Travis is faced with prison time for his involvement in a basement fire that killed dozens of college students, and the media want a conviction. Travis’s only savior is his unusual tie to the mob. In a deal that will spare his brother, Thomas has agreed to recruit Travis into the FBI.

Liis is stubborn, defiant, and yet somehow softens Thomas’s rough edges, making her the perfect agent to accompany him to the ceremony. Posing as a couple, they must travel to Travis & Abby’s beach vow renewal and give him the news, but when the pretending ends, she finds herself wondering if they were pretending at all.


In the second installment of the Maddox Brothers books, experience firsthand the mysterious world of the elusive Thomas Maddox, and how good love can be when you’re not the first, but the last.

Why I'm Waiting:

   So I read the first book in the series and I didn't quite love it that much. But because I loved Travis' story so freaking much and I still love his brothers, I am willing to give this one a try. And I love it so much when the main character is a sexy police man. Or in this case, FBI.

   And that synopsis makes me worried because Travis is in prison! NO!! I need to see what on Earth is going on!! Thankfully the release date is this month!! :)


7 comments:

  1. I've only read Beautiful Disaster so far, but I'm definitely interested in these ones as well. Although what lures me the most is the whole Travis+Prison thing. :) I hope you get to read this soon, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I hope you get to read it soon :)

      Delete
  3. Well, despite what came after Beautiful Disaster, this seems promising for sure! Here's my post: YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first book, but seeing this cover made me rethink my decision haha!
    Great choice, I hope you enjoy it when it comes out ;)
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh. Pre-ordered this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...