Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stacking The Shelves: The Simon Pulse Edition!!


   Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It's all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves; books you buy in physical stores or online; books you borrow from friends or the library, gifts, and  e-books!

Bought:


Won:

   I almost bought the first book in the Mara Dyer series on the Book Outlet Black Friday sale but someone had bought it. It was very last copy and it was my number one book on my cart that I wanted. But see how everything just works out so perfectly!! :)

  • Sublime by Christina Lauren | Goodreads
  • Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson | Goodreads
  • Hunt for Jade Dragon by Richard Paul Evans | Goodreads
  • Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld | Goodreads

  • The Last Forever by Deb Caletti | Goodreads
  • Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson | Goodreads
  • Killer Instict by S.E. Green | Goodreads
  • 100 Miles Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith | Goodreads
  • This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith Ready | Goodreads
  • Little Blue Lies by Chris Lynch | Goodreads

  • The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare | Goodreads
   I've never really been that interested in The Mortal Instrument series and my interest has gone down since I saw the movie. But I guess I will read it now that I have the complete series.

  • The Judy Blume Teen Collection by Judy Blume | Goodreads
  • The Pathfinder Trilogy by Orson Scott Card | Goodreads

  • Puppy Love by Nancy E. Krulik | Goodreads
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz | Goodreads
  • Winger by Andrew Smith | Goodreads
  • UnWorthy by Neil Shusterman | Goodreads
  • UnSouled by Neil Shusterman | Goodreads

   These amazing books are all literally from Simon Pulse even the one that I bought. But oh my
 f r e a k i n g  god. This is one of the coolest things that has happened to me. 

   61 books!!! For free!!

   I was super duper happy when I got the 2 giant boxes. But I wasn't really happy when the stupid USP guy rang the bell. It was super cold and I told him that I'd be right there in a second, I was only going to get my jacket. And then guess what?

   He leaves and the boxes are just there, outside of my house's fence, where people can just come by and steal them.

   Also when I had opened the boxes, I noticed that not all the books were there. I knew because Simon Pulse sent me the Sweepstakes page with all the rules and the list of books I would get. And on the two boxes, one had a label that said 2 of 3 and the other said 3 of 3. And I thought why wasn't there another. I figured it was probably lost or something

   A third box ended up arriving at my house. And so I filmed a video unboxing it. But I do warn you, it was my first video I have ever filmed. And I suck at it right now. And I'd appreciate it if you could give it a thumbs up, or comment, and subscribe. I'm barely going to start my channel and I have very little subscribers.




   Big Thanks To:
Simon Pulse

27 comments:

  1. WOW! You're so lucky! I keep trying to win these huge giveaways but I've never been picked as a winner until now ^^
    Some great titles in those boxes, I also own the whole Mara Dyer series (AMAZING, start reading it asap!) but I still need to read book #3; TMI won't disappoint you as the film did, believe me! I'm a huge fan of Cassandra Clare, even if I start reading her books when I was a little younger, I finished the TMI series this year and it still moved me to tears. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did, really (;

    Happy reading, then, you will be busy for a while I think LOL
    My Haul @ Sara In Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!!! You won all of those?!! That is so cool! Can I be you? Can I go to your house and live on your bookshelf?! This is a great way to start th year! Enjoy!
    Here's MY STS
    Genesis @ GenGen's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. That is an amazing haul. :-) There are so many good books in your haul. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! So. Many. Awesome. Books! I'd love to have The Mara Dyer trilogy because I never read beyond the first book but of course I want to read them all. And all the other books look so good too. You're so lucky to gotten them! :D

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to start it for a while now!!

      Delete
  5. What an amazing haul, congrats on winning all those fantastic books! The Mortal Instrument books are far better than the movie so do give them a go as they're worth reading :)

    Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will attempt to read them.

      Delete
  6. Wow! So many great books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have some many Great books!
    Im rendered speechless! Congrats on the big win
    Enjoy the new books
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. 61 books for free????!!!!! So so jealous. There are so many amazing books there. My favourite series there is the Mortal Instruments, love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!!!! You WON all those??! HOW?! LOL Enjoy!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big christmas giveaway that SimonTeen had on Twitter :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh! I bet everyone is so jealous of you right now! You;re so luck to have won so many books! Happy reading! Thanks for stopping :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have WAY too many books now. It's kind of overwhelming.

      Delete
  11. These books are all so new to me! I'm gonna add this to my to be read list for sure! :)
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these books have been on my TBR and some were new to me too.

      Delete
  12. This is an awesome haul, lady! I love the Mara Dyer series, and I really, really need to read Since You've Been Gone. I hope you enjoy your new books! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm hoping to start that series this year :)

      Delete
  13. Wow I am super jealous of all your books this week! They all look amazing and congrats on the epic win!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, this haul is amazing!! Huge congrats on the win, this is seriously epic. The Unwind series is so, so good. one of my all time favorites. Very chilling, but very good.Hope you love all of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...