Wednesday, January 14, 2015

{Waiting On Wednesday} The Heir by Kiera Cass

   Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we get to talk about upcoming releases that we're highly anticipating.

This Week I Chose:

The Heir by Kiera Cass

Release Date: May 5, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Series: The Selection, #4
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Romance

Add To Goodreads

Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought.



Why I'm Waiting:

   I can't even believe this is happening?!?! At first, I was really excited that The Selection series wasn't ending yet. But now I'm nervous about it because I didn't really like the way The One (Third book to the series) ended. I thought it was okay. But to have another book? I don't know how I feel about that. I'll still read it out of curiosity but I don't think it's really necessary.

   But I'm hoping that I do love it because of that gorgeous cover!! It's absolutely stunning. I thought the cover of The One was beautiful but this was taken to a whole new level.

   And I am also curious because The Selection contest was always meant for Princes and now it's America and Maxon's daughter. It's got to be awkward that a bunch of bachelors are wanting to be with their child.

15 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for The Heir too! The cover is as pretty as the covers of the rest of the series <3
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor
    Looking for Guest Reviewers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I cannot wait for this one!! So excited, great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!! I am looking forward to that one too!! Thanks for sharing and happy reading. Here's my WOW if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I think I better start with this series. Been hearing too much to let it pass me by any longer :)
    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This probably sounds bad, but I haven't started this series yet. I know I really have to but I just keep putting it off.
    I hope you love it when it comes out :)
    Here’s my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo! Start now! At least you don't have to wait since they're all out except for The Heir of course.

      Delete
  6. Sadly, I still haven't started this series. I'm intending for this to change in 2015 as it has been on my TBR pile for a while now.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when you get to it, hopefully you enjoy it!!

      Delete
  7. I have not yet read this series. I heard mixed reviews, so I held off initially. But now, it seems a lot of bloggers I talk to are really excited about this new book, so I guess I have to pick up the first book.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't really interested in it. But I read it and ended up loving it :)

      Delete
  8. It seems like I'm the only one who hasn't read this series. I've been seeing mixed reviews about the books, and some people say that the main character is annoying. That's why I'm not really too keen on diving into this series. LOL :D I hope you enjoy it when it's out, Karina! :) Great pick! And thanks for dropping by my WoW. :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes me happy knowing that people actually read my posts and that I'm not talking to myself. I will always try to respond to comments when I can or return the favor by commenting on your blog if you have one :)

As of August 2015, A Reader Under The Sea is an award-free blog. I appreciate it that you want to award me with something :)

Diversity Spotlight Tuesday: Latinx Books

   Now this is a feature that just speaks to me especially since I mostly read books by marginalized authors. And it's all I want to ...